Wednesday, 30 September 2026

4719) At the end of this month it is time to reflect on some of the comments which I received on my blog during the past year or so:

4719) At the end of this month it is time to reflect on some of the comments which I received on my blog   during the past year or so:

Someone in these days of wars from France sent me a message:

“Peace be within this Wallet coin”

I was quite perplexed with this comment. Then my blog answered this query with an aluminum 10 Paise Coin from a demonetised series.

I received two queries from the United Kingdom:

One was a lady in North England whose husband was tilling their field and unearthed a “quarter Anna” from 1935 coin from the field.

She was quite excited about the “discovery” and immediately wrote to me telling me that it was like the quarter anna coin on my blog. 

I agreed with her suggesting that one of her ancestors may have served in the East India Company and taken the Coin with him as a souvenir. Quite fascinating.!!

The second query was from a research scholar who was studying designs which may have influenced the making Gold Sovereign design of “St. George and the Dragon”.

I could locate the panel from which the design had been taken from a fresco. She was quite happy with my suggestion.

A reader from Australia did not agree with me on the design of the seven-pointed star on the Australian Emblem. I sent him the research done by me on this. 

He was still not convinced by maintained a studied silence.

The ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 tournament was hosted jointly by New Zealand and Australia from 14th February to 29th March 2015

A Reader from New Zealand visited my post “Have a Ball” on the blog which were being marketed jointly by New Zealand Post and India Post wanted to know whether the stamps were still valid after so many years. 

I wrote to New Zealand post and immediately received a reply from the lady Manager with a Maori greeting that the stamps could be still used for postage.

I replied with a “Namaste” thanking her.

My Blog was also seen by some students from a Chinese School who were working on a project on British Coins and quoted my blog post on Christopher Ironside, a Royal Mint designer.

My post on several Chinese Bank notes are quoted in references on Wikipedia and also translated into Chinese and other languages for references.

In Japan one of my readers took a reference on my post on “Hirakud Dam” a Rupees 100 demonetised Banknote and its image was shown on Wikipedia.

From the USA:

I received a message from the youngest grandson of Yuan Shikai, the Chinese president and military leader – who features on the “The Fatman Dollar”, (also known as the Yuan Shikai Dollar) who thanked me for writing a comprehensive post of his grandfather. We chatted for some time on his grandfather. I learnt about his experiences from his grandfather’s times.

A lady from the USA sent me a message that her grandfather had brought a German World War One hundred mark banknote when he was fighting in Germany during World War I and she had read my post and photocopied it. 

She was keeping the Banknote and my photocopied article in a separate folder which she was keeping for her granddaughter who loved the artwork on the Banknote.

(I had been gifted this Banknote from someone who was posted in Germany at that time. For writing this post I visited a bookshop and after a lot of research, I found out about this Banknote and wrote my post).

The Principals of two Military Schools in the USA have posted comments on my blog.

I have received a query from Kyrgyzstan who was not very happy with the description given on my post on "Sari Chelek Lake". 

After a lot of correspondence we arrived at a “compromise” and agreed on a final figure of the lake size.

From Armenia I received a comment who was wanting to know about how the coins with the “Hand Mudras” on the one- and two-rupee coins had been originated. He wasted a lot of my time in unnecessary correspondence and would not accept the Wikipedia references, until I directed him to the RBI website.

The whole of the South American Continent has visited my blog posts. 

I received a compliment from someone on my Bolivar Soberano Banknotes post which was quite encouraging.

The Commander of a Tank Museum in Russia on reading my posts on a visit to the Tank Museum in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra invited me to visit his museum in Russia which was very nice of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment