(A Painting of Fort St. George at Madras (present day Chennai) on display at the Museum Art Gallery situated in the Fort complex. Notice that several sailing ships have been depicted in the painting).
As mentioned in this placard, the India Medal ("Bhartiya Padak" in Hindi) was instituted in 1896 as the successor to the India General Service Medals, and was awarded till 1902 . This medal was awarded for distinguished Service in the North West Frontier Operations.
India General Service Medals were again awarded from 1908 to 1935. These Medals were issued by Edward VII and George V for distinguished Service in various campaigns in India.
Some India General Service medals specimens awarded during this series :
The following images are from the tableware of the Governors of the East India Company, characterised by the logo/emblem of the Company. The porcelain includes large oval and square dishes, perforated plates, dishes with lids, fruit bowls and large meat plates with lids. Some dishes have a chamber at the bottom to take hot water, so as to keep the food warm. Most of these dishes were imported from Britain.
The following images are of Porcelain used in the official functions of Governors of East India Company at Fort St. George, Madras:
This crockery also exhibits the Coat of Arms of the East India Company.
The following images are of 20th Century Porcelain Memorablia :
A coffee mug showing a profile of King Edward VII facing left with the motto "Dieu Et Mon Droit". Such mugs and commemorative plates like the one given below, were manufactured at the time of Coronations of the British monarchs.
A porcelain plate showing George V King Emperor with his Royal consort Queen Mary.
Flower vases of Worcester Porcelain from 1800 A.D. showing the East India Company Emblem.