Henry William Dalgliesh Cavill, the actor who has starred in the Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures Superman movie “Man of Steel”, has figured in a set of stamps brought out by Jersey Post, the States/Bailiwick of Jersey, which is a British Crown Dependency. The set of stamps includes a set of six stamps featuring Cavill in various actions in his role as Clark Kent/Superman in the movie.
55 p Self adhesive stamp: is of 207 gsm with transparent facing.
68 p stamp: is having thermochromic (heat sensitive) ink.
This is a heat-sensitive stamp. We saw this stamp change colour when we placed it in the Refrigerator under controlled observation.
This is a technology in which lenticular lenses (a technology also used for 3D displays) are used to produce printed images with an illusion of depth or the ability to change or move as the image is viewed from different angles.
British Crown Dependencies:
1) Specimen Banknotes from the States of Jersey
2) Coinage and Currency from the States of Jersey
3) Currency & Coinage of the Bailiwick of Guernsey
4) Currency & Coinage of Gibraltar : An Overseas Territory of Great Britain
5) Coinage of Gibraltar: (A British Overseas Territory): An Uncirculated Decimal Coin Collection Set minted by the Tower Mint, UK in 2010
6) The Isle of Man: An Uncirculated Decimal Coin Collection Set minted by Pobjoy Mint, UK in 2015
7) The Centenary of the ill-fated Titanic (15.04.1912 - 15.04.2012): An Alderney Five Pound Coin Commemorating the Maritime Legend
8) "Man of Steel": A Superman Movie: A set of stamps brought out in 2013 by Jersey post, the States of Jersey, commemorating Henry William Dalgliesh Cavill who played Superman in the Movie
9) Coins & Currency of Bermuda
10) The Bailiwick of Jersey - Presently circulating coinage - Pounds and Pence
11) St. Helena & Ascension Islands: An Uncirculated Coin Set from 2003
12) The Legend of the "HMAV Bounty" is interwoven with the heritage of the Pitcairn Islands: An uncirculated coin set from Pitcairn Islands in 2009 depicting the icons/relics of the Bounty minted by the New Zealand Mint
1) Bicentenary of the Battle of Waterloo and Napoleon's Exile to St. Helena: (Part I): A One Crown Commemorative coin issued by the Ascension Island (minted by Pobjoy Mint UK)
2) Bicentenary of the Battle of Waterloo and Napoleon's Exile to st. Helena: (Part II) 1) A 5 GBP Coin issued by the Royal Mint UK. 2) A"Drie Landen Zilverset" ( ot the "Three Lands Silver set") containing coins issued by the Royal Dutch Mint including coins of Netherlands, Belgium and UK
3) Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain by issuing a 50 Pence coin by the Royal Mint UK
1) Gold Sovereigns issued in 2013 & 2014 by MMTC-PAMP in India under licence from the Royal Mint, UK, carrying the "I" Mint Mark
2) Gold Half-Sovereigns minted by MMTC-PAMP in India in 2014 under licence from the Royal Mint UK bearing the "I" Mint Mark
1) A 20 Pound Silver coin minted for the first timr by the royal Mint UK: reverse design carries the famous St. George slaying the dragon design found on Gold Sovereigns
British India Coinage:
1) East India Company Quarter Anna Copper Coin which is one of the first issues under the Coinage Act 1835
2) Victoria Coinage: When she was Queen and afterwards Empress
3) Edward VII: King & Emperor Coinage
4) George V King Emperor Coinage
5) George VI: The last of the British India Emperors Coinage
Other British Royalty:
1) Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations (1952-2012): A Five Pound Commemorative coin issued by the Royal Mint, UK
2) Commemorating Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation in 1953: A Five Pound Coin minted by the Royal Mint UK in 2013, depicting the Imperial State Crown
3) The Royal Coat of Arms of the UK: Great British 2012 Coin Set (Uncirculated) issued by the Royal Mint UK
4) Prince George's Christening Ceremony celebrated with coins issued by the Royal Mint UK in 2013
5) The British Empire: A Case of Numismatic "segregation": (Guest Post by Rahul Kumar)
6) 1) The Portrait Collection: Various Portraits of Queen Elizabeth II on Coinage 2) The Fourth & Final Circulating coinage of the Portrait designed by Ian Rank-Broadley and the First Edition of the portrait of the Queen made by Jody Clark
1) The contribution of the Great British One-Pound coins in keeping alive the historical legends/emblems/heritage of the UK (1983 onwards)
2) Transformation of a Five shilling Coin (Crown) into the UK Twenty-five Pence & then the Five Pound Coin
3) Transformation of the Two Shilling Coin (Florin) Coin into the UK Ten Pence
4) The 350th Anniversary of the Guinea: A Two Pound Coin issued by the Royal Mint UK celebrating the milestone
Commemorative British Coinage:
1) Commemorating the Bicentenary of Charles Dickens: A Two pound coin celebrating his literary contributions during the Victorian Era
2) Commemorating 50 Years of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - presently called the World Wide Fund for Nature by issue of a Fifty Pence coin by the Royal Mint, UK
3) Coins commemorating London Olympics & Paralympics (2012)
4) Commemorating 150 Years of the London Underground : Two pound Coins minted by the Royal Mint UK, showing the "Roundel" logo and a train emerging from a tunnel
5) Commemorating the 100th Birth anniversary of Christopher Ironside with his" Royal Arms" design on a 50 Pence coin issued by the Royal Mint, UK
6) 800th Anniversary of the Magna Carta - the Universal Guidepost to Liberty and Freedom
Inspirations from Scottish History:
1) The Legend of King Bruce & the Spider on Banknotes
Banknotes from Scotland:
1) Commemorating Sir William Arrol and his creation the Forth Rail Bridge by issues of Britain's first ever 5 Pound Polymer Banknote
Links to other Commemorative Stamps posts on Indian Stamps issued during 2016:
1) Special India Post Cover carried in a dedicated Hot Air Balloon flown during the II International Hot Air Balloon Festival held in Pollachi, Tamilnadu, released by Tamilnadu Circle of India Post
2) "Vibrant India": Postage Stamps issued by India Post on this theme
3) MAHAPEX held at Nasik from 16-18.01.16: (Part 1) Spl. Covers on Pandu Leni Caves and Smt. Kusum Dhirubhai Mehta released by Maharashtra Postal Circle on 16.01.2016
4) MAHAPEX held at Nashik from 16-18.01.2016: (Part 2) Spl.Covers on Kalaram temple and Nashik "Grape City & Wine Capital of India" released by Maharashtra Postal Circle on 17.01.2016
5) MAHAPEX held at Nashik from 16-18.01.16: (Part 3) Spl. Covers on "Nashik Dhol" and "Dr. Anand Gopalrao Joshi" released by Maharashtra postal Circle on 18.01.2016
6) International Fleet Review - 2016 (IFR - 16) held at Vishakhapatnam from 04.02.16 to 08.02.16: Commemorative Postage stamps issued by India Post
Links to other Commemorative Stamps posts on Indian Stamps issued during 2014 and 2015:
1) 2014 FIFA World Cup held in Brazil - A set of four stamps issued by India Post.
2) Commemorative Stamps on "Swachh Bharat" Mission
3) Commemorative Stamps on "Project Rukmini"
4) Commemorative Stamps on "Indian Ocean & Rajenda Chola I"
5) International Day of Yoga - "Commemorative Stamps & Coins"
6) India-France - 50 Years of Space Co-operation - Commemorative Stamps
7) Commemorative Stamps on 50 years (Golden Jubilee) of "Engineers India Limited"
8) Bicentenary of the "Old Theological Seminary" (OTS) Kottayam, Kerala
9) Commemorative stamps issued on Nabakalabera (Jagannath Temple, Puri)
10) Commemorative stamps issued on an Indian Game called "Sagol Kangjei" originated in Manipur, from which Polo was adapted all over the World
11) Samrat Ashok - Commemorative Stamps issued on the legendary Emperor of Ancient India
12) Women Empowerment - Commemorative Stamps
13) Baba Amte - Commemorative Stamps
14) Did You Know Series (4): A sample of the beautiful stamps brought out by Department of Posts, India
15) 10th World Hindi Conference held at Bhopal - Commemorative Stamps issued by Department of Posts India
16) 50th Anniversary of the 1965 Indo-Pak War: Commemorative stamps issued by Department of Posts, India.
17) Commemorating the 125th Anniversary of the Birth of Dr. B.R. Ambedker by Department of Posts, India with a stamp titled "Dr B.R. Ambedkar and the Indian Constitution"
18) The "Charkha" or the Spinning Wheel: Commemorative stamps issued by the Department of Posts, India
19) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam - Commemorative Stamp issued by the Department of Posts, India
20) 50th Anniversary of the Border Security Force (BSF): Commemorative Stamp issued by the Department of Posts, India
21) 3rd India- Africa Forum Summit at New Delhi - Commemorative Stamps issued by Department of Posts, India
22) Commemorating the Golden Jubilee of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL): Commemorative Stamps issued by India Post.
23) Commemorating the Bicentenary of the Raising Day of the First and Third Gorkha Rifles: Commemorative stamps issued by India Post.
24) India-Singapore Joint issue: 50 Years of Bilateral Relationship: Two Commemorative Stamps issued by India-Post.
25) Celebrating 60 years (Golden Jubilee) of EEPC India: Commemorative stamps issued by India Post.
26) Centenary of the setting up of the Zoological Survey of India: Commemorative stamps issued by India Post
27) Celebrating Children's Day on November 14th - Commemorative Stamps issued by India Post.
28) Musicians of India - Commemorating Classical Musicians of India by issue of Stamps by India Post.
29) Sumitranandan Pant (poet and writer) : Commemorative postage stamps issued on him by India Post
30) Golden Jubilee of the Establishment of the IDSA, New Delhi: Commemorative stamps issued by India Post
31) 100 Years of Return of Mahatma Gandhi to India in 1915: Commemorative postage stamps issued by India Post
32) Commemorating Alugumuthu Kone, one of the first Freedom Fighters against the British: Commemorative Stamps issued by India Post
List of Commemorative Stamps Posts on stamps issued in 2013:
1) Commemorative Postage stamps on the "Wild Flowers of India" issued by India Post.
2) 100 Years of Indian Cinema: 50 commemorative stamps issued by India Post.
List of Commemorative Stamps Posts on Stamps issued in 2011:
1) Commemorative Postage Stamp of Rs.100/- issued on Mahatma Gandhi on Khadi Cloth for the first time ever by India Post.
List of Commemorative Stamps Posts on Stamps issued in 2010:
1) Princely States of Indore, Sirmoor, Bamra and Cochin : Commemorative Stamps issued by India Post
List of Commemorative Stamps issued in 2007:
1) 2550 years of Mahaparinirvana of the Buddha: Commemorative stamps issued by India Post
Postage Stamps from Thailand depicting Buddhist Jataka Tales:
1) Thailand postage stamps commemorating Buddhist Jataka Tales & celebrating Magha Puja Day (Part I)
2) Thailand Post stamps commemorating Buddhist Jataka Tales & celebrating Asalha Puja Day (Part II)
3) Thailand Post stamps commemorating Buddhist Jataka Tales & celebrating Visakha Puja Day (Part III)
4) Postage stamps from Thailand commemorating Buddhist Jataka Tales
Forever Stamps from United States Postal Service (USPS):
1) Forever Stamps: A Series of Stamps commemorating the "US Civil War 1861-1865"
Postage Stamps from the Bailiwick of Jersey:
1) "Man of Steel": A Superman movie. Jersey post stamps commemorating a local lad Henry William Dalgliesh who played Superman in the Movie
Postage Stamps from Gibraltar:
1) 800th Anniversary of the Magna Carta - the Universal guidepost/landmark in Liberty and Freedom: A miniature stamp sheet issued by the Gibraltar Philatelic Bureau