This coin is legal tender issued by the Government of Tuvalu and comes in a Presentation box titled"Freya - Norse Goddesses".
The Obverse of the 2 Dollar Silver Coin depicts a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Ian-Rank Broadley, whose initials “IRB” appear below the Queen’s neck. On the periphery is the inscription “QUEEN ELIZABETH II, 2 OZ 9999 SILVER 2017, TUVALU, 2 DOLLARS"
Freya (or “Freyja” in Old Norse meaning “Lady”) is one of the important goddesses in Norse Mythology. She is a member of the Vanir tribe of deities, and is an honorary member of the Aesir Gods after the Aesir-Vanir War. Her father is Njord and her mother is Nerthus. Freyr is her brother and her husband is Odr in late Old Norse literature and is none other than Odin himself.
Links to Posts on Australia, New Zealand and countries and Overseas Territories of the South Pacific on this blog:
1) Bank of Papua New Guinea: 36th Anniversary Celebrations (1973-2008): A Commemorative Uncirulated Coin Set consisting of a 2 Kina Banknote & a 2 Kina Coin
2) Papua New Guinea: An uncirculated coin set brought out in 1995 commemorating the 20th Anniversary of Independence
3) Currency & Coinage of the Soloman Islands: Dollars and Cents
4) New Zealand: New Banknote "Seventh Series" issued under Project "Brighter Money" from 2015 onwards
5) Coinage of the French Polynesian Island of Caledonia (or Nouvelle Caledonie) the CFP Franc
6) French Institution for issuing uniform currency/coinage for French Overseas Territories in the Pacific and the French Southern Territories of Antarctica: The Institut d'emmission d'outre Mer (IEOM)
7) Currency & Coinage of Samoa: Tala and Sene
8) Currency of the South Pacific Island Country of Fiji
9) Coinage of New Zealand: A commemorative coin set issued in 1979
10) Currency and Coinage of Australia: Dollars and Cents
11) The Australian Emblem or the Coat of Arms
12) The story of the Australian Penny
13) The Legend of the Mutiny on the Bounty: A Commemorative Coin Set from the Pitcairn Islands depicting relics from the Bounty issued in 2009
14) An Australian $5 coin issued in 1996, commemorating Australia's greatest cricketing legend - Sir Donald Bradman
15) New Series/Generation of Australian Banknotes being introduced from 01.09.2016 onwards starting from $5 issues
16) Southern Lights: A $1 Silver holographic coin issued by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand in January 2017
Other interesting posts on coins from Tuvalu Islands:
Famous Pirates of the Caribbean :2) Edward Teach or "BlackBeard"
Famous Pirates of the Caribbean: 3)Bartholomew Roberts or Black Bart Roberts
Famous Pirates of the Caribbean:4)Jack Rackham
Famous-pirates-of- the Caribbean : 5) Henry Avery
Famous Pirates of the Caribbean : 6) Sir Henry Morgan
1) Brexit : Britain's exit from the EEC : Coins issued by the Cook islands in the denomination of $1, $5 and $ 20 in 2016
2) 150th Anniversary of "The Great Tea Race - 1866": Commemorative Coins in the denomination of 10 and 2 Dollars issued by Cook Islands in 2016
3) The Mystical Ancient Egyptian Labyrinth depicted on $10 Silver coins issued by Cook islands in 2016, under its "Milestones of Mankind Series".
4) King Arthur: The first coin in the six coins "Camelot Series".
5) Republic of Palau issues "Sand Dollars": Silver & Gold 1$ coins