For more posts on this blog on "Tri-Material Coins" from the Federal Republic of Germany, please visit the following links:
2) The Tropics Climate Zone (Climates of Earth) Coin Series: The second "tri-material Coin - with an outer ring,inner core and an embossable red polymer ring: Innovative Coin issued by the Federal Republic of Germany on 27.04.2017
3) Sub-Tropical Climate Zone: ("Climate Zones of Earth Coin Series"): The second "tri-material" Coin in the Series - with an outer ring, inner core and an embossable orange polymer ring, innivative coin issued by the Federal Republic of Germany on 26.04.2018
4) In the Air: A 10 Euro Coin: The first Coin in the 3 coin Bimetal/Polymer coin "Tri-material" Coin Series titled "Air Moves", to be issued in April 2019
As with the earlier "tri-material" coins, this 10 Euro Polymer Coin will have three components - outer/external metallic ring, an inner metallic core and an embossable colourless polymer/plastic ring.
The Obverse and Reverse of the "In Der Luft"("In the Air") Coin
Polymer ring is a serious Counterfeiting Security Device:
The polymer ring not only serves as a special effect feature but also acts as a serious counterfeiting security device that was "invented" by the State Mint of Baden-Wuerttemburg and the Bavarian Central Mint.
The two mints used the polymer ring in 2016 in the 5 Euro coin titled "Planet Earth" which won the prestigious Coin of the Year (COTY) Award - 2018, bringing Germany back onto the numismatic landscape after decades of a conservative coin emission policy.
The Obverse of the 10 Euro Coin will show a para-glider, framed by the translucent polymer ring, in the midst of a mountainous landscape. While the rings in the "Climate Zone Coin Series" are of different colours, the ring in the new 10 Euro coins will be transparent and translucent to depict the "air" topic of the Coin Series.
The Reverse of the 10 Euro Coin will be the same for 2018, 2019 and 2020 Reverse faces. It shows a German Eagle ("Bundesadler") in the upper half of the coin. Below it is the denomination of the coin "10 EURO" the country name "BUNDESREPUBLIK" (in German) on the upper periphery and "DEUTSCHLAND" (in German) on the lower periphery.
The specifications of this coin are:
Year of issue: 2019; Denomination: 10 Euro; Weight: 9.7 grams; Metal Composition: Copper, Nickel, Polymer; Coin Quality: Proof and Brilliant Uncirculated; Minted By and Mint Mark: Berlin (A), Munich (D), Stuttgart (F), Karlsruhe (G),Hamburg (J). While the rings of the Climate Zone series are of different colours, the rings in the "Air Moves" coin series will be transparent and translucent to depict the "air" topic of the Coin Series; Obverse Designer: Natalie Tekampe; Reverse Designer: Andre Wittling.
Links to posts on Federal Republic of Germany issues and other posts on this blog:
7) Temperate Climate Zone: (Climates of Earth Coin Series): The third "tri-material" Coin in the Series - with an outer ring, inner core and an embossable green polymer ring: Innovative coin being issued by the Federal Republic of Germany in September 2019
8) Graf Zeppelin: A 20 Dollar Silver coin and a 5 Dollar Gold Coin issued by Cook Islands in April 2017 to commemorate the 100th Death Anniversary of Count Ferdinand Adolf Heinrich August von Zeppelin (08.07.1838 - 08.03.1917)
For posts on COTY (Coin of the Year) winners since 2015 in a competition held by Krause Publications of Germany, please visit the following links: